fredag 11. februar 2011

Enjoy the snow!


(Foto: Frogner House Apartments)
I walked to work yesterday, through the giant, soft snowflakes, and arrived with make-up running down my face and hair wet and disarrayed. I was welcomed into the reception by our janitor with the ‘kind’ words: Who are you? I guess I didn’t look much like my normal self.

I started making my way through a stack of paperwork and reservation issues, and had a very busy day planned. Just after lunch, the general manager asked if we shouldn’t perhaps go to the hotel and restaurant exhibition that afternoon, and I honestly admitted that we should! Driving there, I suppose the traffic was slow. Walking around the exhibition centre, I guess the people were pushy. There are so many negatives you can get sidetracked by in a normal, busy, stressful day, but yesterday I just couldn’t even notice any of it.

Instead, I did one task at the time. I took a time management challenge in a stride. I enjoyed the company in the car. I savoured the food tastings, discovering the most amazing brie cheese. I enjoyed my free cup of coffee while slowly strolling along the isles smiling at everyone who passed. And when I got home that day, I took an extra long walk with my dog allowing the snowflakes to play with whatever little I had left of my make-up, and the dog to play with the snowflakes and run free.

It is something about that clean, wet, white weather that plays tricks on my mood. How can you not feel serene in soft, muffled and sparkly surroundings? The snow coating covers all the flaws of the past, and there is a lesson to remember: ENJOY the present!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online